Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bonus - Hyuk Beom Kwon

In the beginning of this course, I worried a lot because I am horrible at sketching and working in a team. I have done project 1, 2, and 3 on my own and I got pretty good scores on them. For project 4, which you required at least 2 people, I got pretty bad grade on it. So I ended up thinking that working in a team is definitely not a thing for me. However, when I started working on the final project with 3 other people, I realized the benefit of working as a team. The project was much less time consuming and more creative ideas were reflected than working on individual. I finally understood the importance of working as a team in this course. Although I got worse scores in final project than my individual projects, I realized good scores for my individual projects do not imply the better work than team works. I got good scores in individual works because I just followed instructions well.

Thank you for this wonderful course that helped me to apply learning to real practices in HCI design. I am sure that I will not forget the stuff I learned in this course for a long time. (I usually forget most stuff from other courses after finals) I always thought design is not a thing for me, since I suck at sketching, but got a bit confidence from advices of mentors in course for my projects. I am interested in going to graduate school in informatics and maybe will consider HCI design. I am sorry for not making an appointment with you to have some conversations, but I wish to ask you for some tips about graduate schools. Thanks a lot for teaching this class with enthusiasm.     

No comments:

Post a Comment