Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bonus- Rachael Smith

This class has taught me a lot. I think the biggest thing that I got out of this class is that if a professor is fun and genuinely cares about their work and students the students will care more about the subject and their work. I think this really showed in the final project and throughout the whole year. Being a graphic designer I didn't think there was much about design that I didn't know. However I have found more efficient and better ways to create and iterate my ideas. I also learned more about working in groups. I have always been a group worker but I am usually the group leader. In this class I had to learn to be the leader and just another member in a group. I made new friends and kept up with old ones in this class. I really enjoyed how fun and social this class was. I was also reintroduced to the magic of music. In high school I was in 3 bands in school. It always gave me that break in my day and I underestimated the importance of that when coming to college. Listening to music before class reminded me that sometimes we just need to take a step back, take a breath, and move on.

I really enjoyed this class and it has reminded me why I am studying what I am. I actually brought up the class and thoroughly discussed it in an interview for a summer internship at an interaction agency that I will hopefully be getting this summer (I find out Monday fingers crossed). I even took a risk I wouldn't have taken before this class in the interview and I think it worked to my advantage. I look forward to keeping in touch! Thank you for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment