Hey everyone my name is Kalvin Greer. I am a sophomore and am majoring in Informatics with a minor in business. I am from Newburgh, IN which is about 10 minutes away from Evansville down on the southern tip of IN. I love to do outdoor things. I am an Eagle Scout so that might make some sense to my love for the outdoors. Mainly at the moment most of my time is taken up by snowboarding and mountain biking. I also work for the IT department at the SRSC/HPER. Something that I am most worried about for the class is the drawing/designing aspect. I can think up ideas but it is virtually impossible to actually recreate them on paper. A new idea i took from the class was the whole idea of the pop when you open up a soda can. Very interesting way to look at things and how much thought goes into everything we interact with.

Kalvin it's really nice to meet you! Have you ever considered doing the Hilly Hundred? You would need a road/fitness bike or slicks on your mountain bike. I just did it this past fall and it was amazing. Don't worry about recreating the ideas by drawing a master sketch. Draw simple shapes or map out the idea! Most important thing to do is put pen to paper and get it recorded. If not, you will lose the idea and miss out on the next "big thing". Just typing that sentence made me realize I walked through my door tonight and came up with a great little saying to send in a email to a potential employer! (CRAP) oh well...should have written it down. Let's hope I come up with a better idea.
ReplyDelete