Monday, January 27, 2014

2 - Chase Buckner

I chose https://www.spotify.com/us/ for my example of obvious design. This is a good example of obvious design because of how user friendly and well thought out it is. For instance, when you first arrive at the website, as seen in the first picture, you are directed to look at the top of the screen and from there you can easily figure out what you want to do next. You can look at what Spotify can offer you with their "Features" tab, which once clicked will automatically scroll you down the page to the area with the proper information. You can "Upgrade" if you already have Spotify, look at the "Help" tips, sign in if you already have an account with "Log In", or "Get Spotify for Free", located in the center of the page. I chose to focus on the "Log In" feature since I already have a Spotify account. As seen in my second picture, as soon as I hit "Log In" nothing on the page changes except for a little box pops up asking me whether I want to log in through Facebook or with my email address. This is all part of an obvious design because you could put a young child who is able to read on this site and that child would be able to do anything that you requested because Spotify has such a simple and interactive layout. Even though there is a lot going on in the background which could confuse some people, Spotify has kept it neat where it is important, the top bar, which doesn't run away from you whenever you scroll further down the page, it follows you wherever you go.
------------


1 comment:

  1. When I took i300 I too looked at Spotify's website and thought it was really obvious in its design. There are a few things that aren't as obvious, but its purpose of signing up uses - get Spotify for free - is real obvious. Great job!

    ReplyDelete