Wednesday, January 15, 2014

1 - Chase Buckner


Hello, my name is Chase Buckner and I am a sophomore majoring in Informatics with a cognate in security and a minor in economics. I am from Fishers, Indiana and have lived in Indiana my entire life. A few interesting things about myself is that I like being around fires, I have a lighter collection, and my parents own their own Ice Cream Store. I enjoy hanging out with my family and friends, watching NBA, NFL and IU games, I am a TV show buff, and I enjoy cooking. I also like building things with my hands, this past semester my 3 roommates and I built a bar in our townhouse and I really enjoyed the whole experience (picture of finished product below). The thing that worries me the most about this class is the creative aspect of designing objects because I am really not that creative of a guy. One thing that I took away from our first class was just how much thought goes into every single object around me at any time of the day and the fact that people get paid to perfect the smallest things of a particular product, like the Coke can sound.


1 comment:

  1. You're not a creative guy? Look...you made a bar in your house with friends! I am sure you had input on that and made some decisions. It looks really good. Design is not all about the crafting of the shapes...it can be an idea or great critique! So your parents deal in ice cream and you went with fire? Little bit of an opposite there...why do you like fire so much?

    What do you love to cook? Apparently Alex Young (another group G blogger) makes the "best omelettes in the world". I challenge you two to an Iron Chef Challenge. Who's
    cuisine reigns supreme?! And yes, the Japanese version of Iron Chef is the best (if you don't agree you're crazy :)

    ReplyDelete