Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Jordan Hayes - Your Awesome AI :P

Hello and welcome to the experience of a lifetime!

My name is Jordan Hayes, and last year, I was sitting in your seat wondering what in the world is design, design-thinking, the whole game of HCI! I thought I knew a lot about design, great products and services, but as you go through i300, you will start to see there is so much more than just having a beautiful design. Beauty doesn't happen by accident as you will learn...it's very hard to achieve :)

I grew up here in Bloomington, Indiana, and have lived in Saint Paul, Minnesota and Sarasota, Florida working as a Marketing Director and Property Manager. Most of my experience is in Marketing-designing ways to get others to see great designs or services.

During this term, I want and encourage you all to reach out to me and ask for help, advice, or just talk about life. I really care about your experience in this class and what you to get the most out of it. To make sure you are learning about design and understand the concepts that are going to be thrown at you, we need to have a conversation. I am not just one of those AIs that sits in the back and is just THERE. I am here for you!

In my free time, which is almost never ^_^  I really enjoy swimming and cycling, discovering new musical artist, playing with my friend's puppies, and exploring this world! I love local art and going to the playhouse, fine wine, craft-brew (Three Floyds is my favorite) and discovering new tech!

For the past two years, I have been preparing to become a designer and trying my best to get into companies such as Apple to start a career that will impact people's lives. I just don't want to market and sale other people's products, I want to have a say in the design! It's one of the reasons I applied for the HCI/d Masters program and if any of you feel this is the career you have been looking for, lets chat!

Have fun, talk with others, go crazy on your designs, and again, HAVE FUN. This class can be a blast and I will try my hardest to make sure you guys love it!

Best,

Jordan

(P.S. for my Anime fans here, check out what a few of us from the Master Program did today...WE ARE THE SURVEY CORE  #attackontitan)



No comments:

Post a Comment