Hi My name is Hyuk Beom Kwon. You can call me 'Tiger'.
I'm a junior majoring in Informatics and minoring in Economics. I am from Seoul, Korea. An interesting thing about myself is that I studied Voice before I came to IU. I was accepted to some music schools, but decided to come here instead. I'm worried about group works we are going to to for the semester. I'm not native speaker and do not have much experiences in group works, so I might have hard time with doing some projects. The new idea struck me from the class was that every innovative design these days were not invented by single person, so working in a group is very important nowadays.

Welcome to the boat Tiger!
ReplyDeleteIf you have the courage, I invite you to come before the class and sing! I know some have a hard time with that, but it's amazing when someone love to sings and they just do it! My advice for your projects is just tell everyone that they might need to slow down or repeat themselves. Be honest and don't hold back saying, "Hey! I don't agree with this...let's talk about this...please explain better...let me try to explain myself". People appreciate it when you are honest and nobody here (I will make sure of it) will discredit you because of your English skills.
You can speak two languages...a lot of us (including myself) can't. Take pride in that and ask others to hang out with you and get better at speaking English. We had a few students from China who went through the same experience here in the Grad program and after hanging out with us and letting go of the fear or anxiety, they can't stop talking!! People will take out the time to listen and get to know you :)