Wednesday, January 15, 2014

1 - Rachael Smith

Hey! I'm Rachael Smith, I got by Rachael or Rach which ever is fine. I am a Sophomore Majoring in Informatics with a cognate in Fine Arts, a minor in Marketing, and maybe going for a minor in Computer Science. I'm from Deerfield, Illinois which is a northern suburb of Chicago and went to Deerfield High School. I'm a total geek and love to play video games and read about new technology that are coming out and that people are planning on making. My favorite thing to do is joke around, have a lot of fun and laugh. I also love every kind of boarding. I snowboard, long board, skate board, wake board, etc. I love art especially graphic design and typography. I also love music and play about 15 instruments. My pets are my best friends and I love them to death!  I have a chinchilla (Aria), a dog (Cleo), a fish (Mr. Pickles named by my amazing Big), and my lovely hedgehog (Hank). I love all my sisters in my sorority Theta Phi Alpha and love to be with them. I work at Starbucks which is the best job in the world and I hope to be working with UITS next semester. I'm very excited to be taking this class and learn more about HCID. I had an AI last semester that is studying it and LOVES it so I'm really excited and not worried about anything in particular other than not really knowing what we are exactly learning about throughout the semester. A new idea I took away from the class was that I wasn't alone in the confusion of why no one can seem to create a door that makes sense after doors being around for so long.


2 comments:

  1. I think you might do it all Rachael! It's fantastic you are plugged into so many things and exploring all the time...keep it up! Doors are scary...why in the hell can't a door be simple? As I told James Farley (a fellow group G blogger) doors will continue to haunt your dreams! But now that you know he too sufferes from "wtf doors are nuts syndrome", you can create a support group and chat about it.

    What is one of your favorite video games? I am toooooooo excited for Bungie's Destiny game. Looks niiiice! I recently got an Xbox One and love what it can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Door are already hauuting me. Everytime i see a door I think of this class! I am SO excited for Destiny and honestly one of my favroite games has to be Monster Hunters or Modern Warfare 3. and I got the PS4 I think its an all around better system for a gamer and Xbox is a really cool system that can do a lot but it is turning into a more casual gamer console. Also, Destiny is really being made for PS4 SOOOOO

      Delete