Monday, February 3, 2014

3 - Alexander Young



This week, I chose to use a different website than last week. I thought I would pick one that everyone knows and everyone is familiar with Youtube.(https://www.youtube.com/) Youtube is owned by Google and acts to facilitate video uploads. It's free and used heavily all over the world. The screenshot I chose was the most basic front page of the site, completely un-customized. I think YouTubes developers clearly have the goal of making recent popular videos prominent on the front page. This way the front page is constantly changing to let newer, more popular videos from more prominent YouTube channels get the spotlight. 

A why for this website is to make it easy to share your videos with the rest of the world. Popular YouTubers even make money. YouTube was the first of its kind to get really big making it the standard and the designing behind it makes it very user friendly whether you are an up-loader or a consumer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment