Monday, February 17, 2014
5 - James Farley
When I think about my revision to YouTube in project three I decided to use "The Unnecessary Test" in an attempt to figure out which feature(s) deem to be not essential. After asking myself these three questions I thought to myself what is the main goal YouTube is trying to accomplish? I would answer that question by saying "Allowing people to upload, watch, like, and dislike videos". In my redesign I kept the analytics feature that YouTube has to offer. This is an interesting feature, but not necessary at all, it allows the user to see their performance, how many things they have liked, commented on and many other irrelevant statistics. This feature specifically goes along with the third question "Is the task this feature supports vital to the activity this application supports?", as it clearly doesn't, it is just a bells and whistles feature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment