Monday, February 3, 2014

3 - Kyle Baker


"What is a thing. Why is a belief."

Website: Imgur

Imgur is the image hosting website that I covered  last week. I had my own reasons why this website was created. Then since I figured that the creator used Reddit, I figured I'd do  a search for an AMA, which is where people ask other (usually unique or famous) people. Turns out that i found one, this is what the creator Alan Schaff said about why he created Imgur:
I got fed up with all the other image hosts out there so I made my own. It doesn't force you to compress your images, and it has neat things like crop, resize, rotate, and compression from 10-100. It's my gift to you. Let's not see anymore imageshack/photobucket around here ;)
From what he says here, he just didn't like what the other image hosting sites had to offer. He listed various different reasons as to why he created the site. This was posted to Reddit in February of '09. Here's the link: http://redd.it/7zlyd.


No comments:

Post a Comment