The website that I am choosing to talk about is http://www.spotify.com/.
Spotify is a website (and app, but I am focusing on the website) that allows users to listen to any type of music available for free. It allows its user to compile their own playlists and share those playlists with anyone around the world; it's an inspiring idea. I believe that the design's team motivation for this website is so simple that they say it on their homepage "Music for everyone." This idea, music for everyone, is a great tagline because it includes everyone in something bigger, music. I infer that the design team wanted to come up with something that is easy to access, easy to use, and all inclusive. I also think that they believed in providing a platform for up and coming artists and their music as a way to get their music out to the rest of the world in order to give them a chance on the big stage. After looking up Spotify's mission statement, it backs up some of what I inferred, for example they said, "We want to connect millions of people with their favorite songs and create a service that people love to use." They also believe that music should be "easily accessible"and that listening to music through their service will enrich people's lives. All of these aspects of why Spotify does what it does is the reason that it has been so successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment