Below is a picture of the Flipboard application I featured in my blog post from week two. Flipboard is an easier way to view the news and stories you are interested in, along with integrating your social media.
Flipboard must have a vision that allows them to do something innovative and different. This is because they excel above other competitors who had the same or better resources (according to Sinek). They realize what they do, how they do it, and why they do what they do. The purpose of existing for Flipboard is shown in their mission below:
Our mission is to let people discover and share content in beautiful, simple, and meaningful ways.
I think the "why" is very easily seen for Flipboard in terms of the HCI game. I believe the design team simply wanted to unlock the news for each individual. Make it feel natural, personal, and intuitive in terms of user experience and materials one wants to actually see/share. I feel confident in saying this because Hoekman says that the what you do shows the why you do it. Also the fact that you can't know what to build until why you want to build it. Flipboard was able to make something special because of their mission.
Source Link: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/12/flipboard-iphone-app/
No comments:
Post a Comment