Monday, March 10, 2014

6 - Kyle Baker

For this week, we turn to Chapter 5, "Support the User's Mental Models."

As you think about your work on project #3, what is the user's mental model with respect to the feature in YouTube you are redesigning / designing? 
I believe that the user's mental model with respect to the redesign of YouTube with my feature added would be correct in what it is in reality. I added Folders to channels to further organize a user's videos. I Believe that a new folder implimentation would be easy to understand because we're (as a community) used to using folders in our everyday life.
How might this mental model contrast with the implementation model of the programmers? (Don't get too involved with this one.) 
I don't think that the mental model of the consumer would differ much for the implementation model of the programmer because Programmers often use folders and such to organize their content. I believe that folders have become such a common place for organizing material on a computer that it has become common place for consumers and programmers

No comments:

Post a Comment