I now know the complexity of "playing the whole game" of HCI Design. There isn't one path to take and many times, one will find themselves revisiting past destinations and making further revisions. For example, this last project 4, instead of doing everything in order, we would do a step and then revise the past step. This allowed us to truly partake in what the HCI Design process has to offer. We would continue to reference our persona, sketches, and so on after the we had completed the next step on our agenda. Any changes or new insights we discovered we would add to both parts. This is completely different from working our way through a project without much revision or changing to "finished" parts.
Good observation! I also find this to be an interesting part of HCI design. Design is unlike most processes in that the steps can be repeated or tackled in almost any order. It is fun to see the design build up after each step. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete-Michael Metzler
I think that the revision and the constant changing is also one of the biggest aspects of HCI design that is much different than many other projects. It is actually kind of fun to be able to see the path that a design did take and could've taken. It shows just how many options there are even when we think there are none left to take. The constant revision keeps you on your toes and I feel one of the best aspects of this process.
ReplyDelete