It is important as a designer to realize early that your cannot please all users. There will always be people who decide they like your competitors product more, and therefore will use it. The tools used to gain knowledge on target users such as use cases and usability tests allow designers to gain insight on the users of the product. Hoekman advocates the larger user-centered focus and stresses its importance to the design process.
In the context of Project 2, situation-centric design would refer to stepping on the elliptical machine and putting yourself in different situation. User Tests, as used in the project, also allow the designer to gain perspective on problems that arise when "playing" or "messing" around the product. On the elliptical I may have given myself different tasks to accomplish and see if I could accomplish them. If not, I would discover a flaw in the design from my perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment