For this blog assignment, I want you to do two things:
1) Reflect on what you're learning about "playing the whole game" of HCI Design. What do you know now that you didn't know even 2-3 weeks ago? Be specific; give examples. Share what you are learning (write a paragraph or so).
Compared to 2-3 weeks ago, I now have a better understanding of how design can be a specialized craft. I now understand to design a product centered around the consumer and not around the designer. In other classes where we had to come up with designs for products or Websites, I really could have used this knowledge to better improve the designs that I've implemented. Another major knowledge base that I've acquired was based around the fact that iteration improves upon a design. In other product design classes, I'd spend too much time coming up with the "perfect" design, and didn't focus on the major ideas of the product and improve upon them. If I'd simply have a major, good feature and then design the product around that central idea, I would have completed the design easier and more likely better.
Kyle,
ReplyDeleteI completely agree and feel the same way about how when it comes to dealing with design it isn't about us anymore and what we think is best. As much as we hate to admit it we don't know everything. This is something that was tough for me and good to see that others felt the same way at first however it is a great new way to help tackle the design process.
Thanks,
Kalvin