Monday, March 10, 2014
7- (5) Rachael Smith
In the book it walks about dropping the nice to have feature. Although it gives multiple different ways to I use the Unnecessary Test the most. In this test you have to ask yourself, "Is there more than one way to complete the task this feature supports?" (89). While doing my redesign for the homepage for YouTube I asked myself this question a lot. I ultimately decided to delete a sidebar section of my design. Although personally I thought that it would be a good feature to have and that it looked nice in the design it really was a "nice to have feature". I found that I had created other features and easy ways to get to the same pages within the rest of the design and that I really didn't need it. Therefore, by using the Unnecessary Test I was able to get rid of it and make my design more user friendly and less cluttered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment